For users of LiveLink™ for PTC ® Pro/ENGINEER ® , COMSOL Multiphysics ® version 5.2a makes it easier to keep track of synchronized documents and the CAD file import and export functionality supports new versions of certain file formats. Review the LiveLink™ for PTC ® Pro/ENGINEER ® updates in further detail below.
Keeping Track of Synchronized DocumentsIn order to prevent synchronization with an incorrect CAD document, the LiveLink™ for PTC ®Pro/ENGINEER ® interface now keeps track of the file name and path of the synchronized CAD document. During the first synchronization, the file name is retrieved and documented. For subsequent synchronizations, the interface automatically selects the same file in the PTC ® Pro/ENGINEER ® software, as long as the file is open there.
The Settings window for the Synchronize with Specified document feature for LiveLink™ for PTC ® Pro/ENGINEER ® feature indicates that it has been synchronized with the file C:\MyProjects\SO-8_ASSEMBLY_PARAMETERIZED.ASM. The LiveLink™ interface will automatically switch to this file in PTC ® Pro/ENGINEER ® during future synchronizations.
Updated Support for New CAD File Format Versions
The CAD file import and export functionality has been extended to support new versions for the following file formats:
Read From File
- Parasolid ® (.x_t, .xmt_txt, .x_b, .xmt_bin) up to V28.1
- ACIS ® (.sat, .sab, .asat, .asab) up to R25, 2016 1.0
- CATIA ® V5 (.CATPart, .CATProduct) R8-R25, 2016
- Inventor ® assemblies (.iam) versions 11, 2008-2016
- Inventor ® parts (.ipt) versions 6-11, 2008-2016
- SOLIDWORKS ® (.sldprt, .sldasm) versions 98-2016
- AutoCAD ® (.dwg) versions 2.5-2016
- AutoCAD ® DXF (.dxf, 3D) versions 2.5-2016
Write to File
- ACIS ® (.sat, .sab) R4, R7, and 2016 1.0
- Parasolid ® (.x_t, x_b) V28.1
A complete list of supported CAD file formats is found in the CAD Specification Chart under the "Read from File, CAD" and "Write to File" sections.