For users of LiveLink™ for Solid Edge ® , COMSOL Multiphysics ® version 5.2a makes it possible to connect to COMSOL Server™ from within Solid Edge ® . It is now also easier to keep track of synchronized documents. Review all of the LiveLink™ for Solid Edge ® updates in further detail below.
Connecting to COMSOL Server™ from Within the Solid Edge ® Interface
When you have installed COMSOL Client, a button will be made available for connecting to COMSOL Server™ from within Solid Edge ® . This means that you can browse and run apps together with Solid Edge ® , including apps that use geometry that is synchronized with Solid Edge ® .
The COMSOL Multiphysics ® tab in the Solid Edge ® user interface (left) and the COMSOL Server™ interface, which is launched in a separate browser (right).
Keeping Track of Synchronized DocumentsIn order to prevent synchronization with an incorrect Solid Edge ® document, the LiveLink™ interface now keeps track of the file name and path of the synchronized Solid Edge ® document. During the first synchronization, the file name is retrieved and documented. For subsequent synchronizations , the interface automatically selects the same file in the Solid Edge ® software, as long as the file is open there.
The Settings window for the Synchronize with Specified document feature for LiveLink™ for Solid Edge ® feature indicates that it has been synchronized with the file C:\MyProjects\busbar_assembly.asm. The LiveLink™ interface will automatically switch to this file in Solid Edge ® during future synchronizations.
Updated Support for New CAD File Format Versions
The CAD file import and export functionality has been extended to support new versions for the following file formats:
Read From File
- Parasolid ® (.x_t, .xmt_txt, .x_b, .xmt_bin) up to V28.1
- ACIS ® (.sat, .sab, .asat, .asab) up to R25, 2016 1.0
- CATIA ® V5 (.CATPart, .CATProduct) R8-R25, 2016
- Inventor ® assemblies (.iam) versions 11, 2008-2016
- Inventor ® parts (.ipt) versions 6-11, 2008-2016
- SOLIDWORKS ® (.sldprt, .sldasm) versions 98-2016
- AutoCAD ® (.dwg) versions 2.5-2016
- AutoCAD ® DXF (.dxf, 3D) versions 2.5-2016
Write to File
- ACIS ® (.sat, .sab) R4, R7, and 2016 1.0
- Parasolid ® (.x_t, x_b) V28.1