The SkyRadar PSR & SSR experimenter is part of SkyRadar’s modular Radar Training System. It can be added plug-and-play to the CloudServer and is operated through SkyRadar’s FreeScopes Software.
It includes the following simulators:
- Primary Surveillance Radar
- Constant Wave (CW) / Doppler
- Frequency Modulated Constant Wave (FMCW)
- Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR)
- inverse Synthetic Aperture Radar (iSAR)
- Secondary Surveillance Radar
- Collision Avoidance (TCAS) and Minimum Height Alert
The system can be operated through ethernet or wireless networks. A minimum of 8 pseudo-pilot positions (PPP) can provide concurrent airspace settings. The number of concurrent users (controller work positions CWP) is not limited and can exceed 500 concurrent students.
List of components:
Hardware Features of Simulation Server
- One (1) 19” Rack Server
- Two (2) Processors Intel Xeon E5-2630v3, 2,40 GHz, 8/16 1866, or similar
- One (1) Operating System Windows Server R2 Standard or newer
- The server operates with 16 independent actual processing units (called “cores”)
PSR & SSR Experimenter Software Features
The simulator works with
- Pseudo Pilot Positions (PPP)
- PPPs allow to choose and place aircrafts in the airspace, to set speed, course, position and altitude
- In addition, the PPP is the control center for application-dependent controls e.g., for environmental reflections, polarization, range resolution, angle resolution, etc.
- Controller Work Positions (CWP)
- CPWs represent the view of the air traffic controller
- All CWPs include a PPI-Scope, an A-Scope and a B-Scope, and application dependent controls such as sliders for brightness and amplification in the scopes, filters such as Sensitive Time Control, Signal Amplification, Threshold/Limiter or the function of Moving Target Indication.
- PSR Pulse
Object detection, environmental reflections, clutter processing, optimisation of radar display settings,
Radar Cross Section analysis, Sensitive Time Control, threshold and amplification,
change of polarization, etc.
- CW / Doppler
- Object detection, optimisation of radar display settings, Radar Cross Section analysis,
change of polarisation, Sensitive Time Control, threshold and amplification, etc.
- SAR and iSAR
- Radar Cross Section analysis
- Optimisation of radar display
- SSR Mode A/C and Mode S
- Sidelobe Surpression, uplink format (UF), downlink format (DF), DBS registers, ADS-Principle.
- Visualisation of PPI (aircrafts on map), B-Scope, A-Scope, pulse graph, visualisation of data packages embedded in the signal