The 2018 International Conference & Global Competition on Systematic Innovation will publicize theoretical and technological advances in Innovation Methods (IM). The conference will contain plenary speeches/tutorials by world-renowned SI researchers/practitioners and parallel technical sessions. Both research papers and applied case studies are welcome. The venue of the conference will be National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu, Taiwan. Hsinchu is known as the 'Science city of Taiwan'. The park has been successful and hosts companies such as TSMC, AU Optronics, UMC and numerous other electronics manufacturers. ICSI has attracted relevant and high quality papers in IM/SI/TRIZ/CAI related fields. The official language of the conference is English. However, a special session in Chinese is available.
FREE pre-conference tour ─ First 40 paid international registrants will be offered a one-day free scenic/technical tour in Northern Taiwan on July 18. Optional Technical Tour on Science Park, TSMC museum and/or Taiwan's main research center, ITRI, is planned for early international registrants until all spots are filled. One regular registration covers one free tour. Additional self-paid post-conference tours will also be available. Journal Publications of Selected Papers ─ Authors of the ICSI paper competition winners and excellent paper presentations will be invited to submit an extended version of full paper for review and potential publication in the International Journal of Systematic Innovation (IJoSI, SCOPUS indexed) or Computers and Industrial Engineering (CAIE) (SCI indexed) in the area of Engineering Design and Innovation Methods.
TOPICS OF INTEREST, including but not limited to:
- Strategic & Business Aspects of Innovation Methods and Business Innovation
- Technical Aspects of Systematic Product/Process/Service Innovations and Innovation Methods
- Theories or applications of innovative methods in Artificial Intelligence(AI), Internet of Things (IoT), Smart Manufacturing, or Computer-Aided Innovation (CAI) (CAI)
- Other tools, theories, and applications that are related to innovation methods such as Six Sigma, Quality Management, Patent/Invention analysis and strategies, deBono thinking system, etc.
ABSTRACT/FULL PAPER SUBMISSIONS
- Submit an abstract or extended abstract for evaluation. Include main ideas and contributions in sufficient details for preliminary evaluation. Please download and follow the templates provided on the web site for abstract/paper/presentation files. Direct submissions of full papers for evaluation are welcome. The ICSI conference accepts a full paper, a presentation file, or a full paper plus a presentation file as final submissions. Full papers should be in WORD format, and presentation files in Power Point format.
- Only timely full-paper submissions are eligible to participate in the Paper Competition and can be peer-reviewed toward journal publication. To participate in the Paper Competition, choose the paper competition option and select appropriate category in the on-line registration process. An international Judge Committee will blind review the papers for awards.
- CALL FOR SPECIAL SESSIONS: Authors are encouraged to organize special sessions in the Conference. Interested session organizers are requested to submit proposals, include session title, titles of articles, and a list of participating authors and their affiliations, to the Conference Committee at email@example.com.